Businesses are required to have a commercial automobile insurance policy if vehicles are used for tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business other than commuting. The Island Insurance Commercial Auto Program provides businesses with the required Liability and Personal Injury Protection coverages as well as optional coverages for physical damage to automobiles owned, leased or hired by the named insured. Without a commercial automobile policy, if you are involved in an accident while conducting company business, damages may not be covered by your personal auto insurance policy.
Also referred to as commercial auto or business auto insurance, commercial car insurance, truckers insurance or fleet insurance, commercial automobile insurance is required:
- If employees operate the vehicle or if ownership of the vehicle is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
- If you are using your vehicle to transport goods or people for a fee or if it is used to conduct a service.
- If higher limits of liability are necessary due to the nature of your work.
- If you haul a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct you may be required to have a commercial vehicle insurance policy.
Optional auto coverages by endorsement are also available such as:
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist
- Wage Loss Benefits
- Death Benefits
- Funeral Expenses
- Alternative Expenses coverages
We understand how important it is to keep your business running efficiently. That's why we are Always Here to Help if you were to experience a loss. Our knowledgeable claims staff has specialized experience in handling all types of business claims to ensure your situation is resolved quickly and efficiently. Click here for more information on filing a Commercial Auto claim.
To find out more about The Island Insurance Commercial Auto Program, contact an independent insurance agent or click here to find an agent on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island or Kauai.