Whether you're looking for surety bonds for a private construction or public works project, you can trust your business with Island Insurance and its team of experienced construction industry specialists. Ranked as one of the Nation's Top 50 Property and Casualty insurance companies for five consecutive years, Island is rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best for financial strength and is recognized as one of the premier providers of surety bonds in Hawaii. We work hard to understand the diverse companies in our local building industry and pride ourselves on maintaining longstanding relationships with our clients and partner agents.
Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island also writes bonds for a variety of non-contract or specialty accounts including:
Contract (CONSTRUCTION) Bonds
- Bid Bonds guarantee the owner that the contractor (bidder) will enter into a contract at the price bid, and will provide the required Performance and Payment Bonds if the job is awarded to them.
- Performance Bonds guarantee that the contractor will complete the contract in accordance to the contract terms and conditions, for the amount agreed upon and in the time specified.
- Labor and Material Payment Bonds guarantee that the contractor will pay subcontractors and suppliers for all labor and materials as listed in the contract.
Non-Contract Bonds or Specialty Bonds
- Specialty (MISCELLANEOUS) Bonds are required from most commercial entities, non-profit organizations, and licensed practitioners. It guarantees that the aforementioned individuals will comply with the laws, regulations, ordinances and/or agreements to which they become obligated. (i.e. Mortgage Brokers Bonds, Private Trade, Vocational or Technical School, Private Detective Bonds)
- Contractor's License Bond are written if a contractor is required by the State Contractors' Licensing Board to post a bond. It guarantees that a contractor will conduct business in accordance with the governing laws, ordinances and regulations of their trade or profession.
- Notary Public Official Bonds guarantee that a Notary will faithfully perform their duties and avoid any acts of malfeasance, misfeasance or nonfeasance. It is required by law that a Notary Public must file a bond with the State Attorney General's Office before assuming office.
For more information, please contact a licensed independent insurance agent or click here to find an agent on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island and Kauai. In order to obtain a surety bond, all bond submissions and requests are required to be submitted to us by a licensed general insurance agent.
- New Submission Request & Requirements
- Contractors Questionnaire
- Statement of Personal Indemnity
- Work In Progress Schedule
- Bid or Final Bond Request