Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 11 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 12 consecutive years!
Senior Underwriter – Commercial Lines
Responsible for the complete underwriting process – selection, pricing and sale of the Commercial risk. Additionally, the underwriting function is accountable for managing the producer force, with a focus on producer relationship management.
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
• 3 to 4 years or more technical experience in commercial lines property and casualty underwriting is required; with previous sales experience preferred.
• Combination of education, underwriting and sales background equivalent to the above acceptable.
• Individual must be willing to complete any Underwriting, Sales, and other related training requirements, such as working regularly toward completing various applicable AICPCU/IIA programs.
• Individual must remain current on insurance issues, coverages and other subjects pertaining to job performance. Recommend participation in related seminars and agency presentations.