Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 12 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 13 consecutive years!
The Senior Claims Representative – Workers Compensation is responsible for reviewing, investigating and processing workers’ compensation claims for appropriate payment. Must be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere. Must possess the ability to effectively handle and investigate complex cases involving compensability, vocational rehabilitation and permanent disability.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• College degree with credits in insurance and/or medical related subjects, including medical terminology, desirable.
• Minimum 7 years related experience (WC claims adjusting, WC claim administrative) or equivalent is required.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues (policy forms, coverage, applicable law, etc.) and subjects required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and use of own vehicle required.
• State of Hawaii general or workers' compensation adjusting license preferred.