Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 14 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 15 consecutive years!
Responsible for the complete underwriting process – selection, pricing and sale of Commercial Insurance products. Is accountable for managing the producer force, with a focus on producer relationship management. Handles more difficult and complex agency accounts. Trains and mentors entry level underwriters as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• 3 to 4 or more years commercial lines property and casualty underwriting technical experience required; with previous sales experience preferred.
• Equivalent education, experience, and training will be considered.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license.
• Attainment of or working toward CPCU or other professional designation(s) preferred.
Individual must be willing to complete any Underwriting, Sales, and other related training requirements, such as working regularly toward completing various applicable AICPCU/IIA programs. Individual must remain current on insurance issues, coverages and other subjects pertaining to job performance. Recommend participation in related seminars and agency presentations. Position performs frequent producer calls and therefore requires a valid Hawaii Driver’s License.