Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 15 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 16 consecutive years!
As part of a team, prepare financial statements, budget forecasts, and statutory filings based on research and the application of the appropriate SAP and GAAP accounting principles for management, regulatory agencies and parent company. Accumulates and compiles financial information used in the preparation of these external and internal financial statements and other management performance reports that reflect and project the results of the organization and helps to determine whether the organizational objectives are being achieved.
• College or university degree with a major in Accounting or Finance required.
• 4 to 6 years of related experience and/or training required.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Strong abilities in mathematics and solid knowledge of financial accounting concepts and GAAP principles used to analyze, record, report budgeted and actual financial results.
• Demonstrated proficiency in applying technical, analytical, judgment, cognitive reasoning and mathematical skills in performing the job duties.
• Proficient in PC navigation and Windows based software application skills, especially proficient in the use of Excel.