Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 12 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 13 consecutive years!
The Commercial Lines Business Analyst will support the commercial lines group through identification of issues, opportunities, and solutions within the book of business. The business analyst will undertake detailed analysis of trends and plan variances to provide insights and a deep understanding of the different business units within the division. In addition to providing regular reporting information to the division VP, the individual will be expected to work closely with the front line management team to determine areas within the book needing additional attention. This is a high impact role and will ultimately help shape how data is leveraged to maximize the overall performance of the division.
• Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance or related field.
• 2 or more years related experience; commercial lines experience a plus.
• Equivalent education, experience, and training will be considered.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Attainment of or working toward CPCU or other insurance related certification or designation preferred.
• Other insurance (AU, CIC, etc) or business analyst certifications (ECBA, CCBA, etc) desirable.