Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 13 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 14 consecutive years!
Develops the business case, timelines and cost estimates for each project and confers with project team (and external resources as needed) to outline work plans, duties, responsibilities and technical requirements. Plans and manages the delivery of business unit systems solutions in support of Island Insurance and Atlas Insurance Agency business unit plans which include systems and project planning, requirements gathering, estimating, execution, implementation and training. Works closely with business units to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions employed in support of business goals and objectives. Is responsible for technology vendor relationship management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance or related field required.
• 5 years as Project Manager working in insurance related projects and with project management related software work experience required.
• Equivalent combination of education, training or related work experience will be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Certified Project Manager (PMP) required.
• Certification or designation in Insurance related field preferred.