Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 13 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 14 consecutive years!
The IT Operations Technician is responsible for managing the coordination and administration of software deployment and enterprise job scheduling. This individual will gather requirements, implement, test, and deploy to production new automation workflows. The IT Operations Technician also provides production support for various systems of Island Insurance Company.
Successful candidate possesses demonstrated knowledge of configuration management principles (e.g. revision, baseline, release) and formal programming methodology process. This individual has demonstrated ability to develop and manage implementation planning schedules, handle multiple projects, and coordinate project schedules. The ideal candidate has proven successful implemented solutions that result in measurable business benefits.
Insurance knowledge is highly desirable.
• Analyze and develop procedures, scripts, and workflows to improve efficiencies for the Build Deploy process and Automated Batch schedules process.
• Analyze value and implement new software and tools for company operations.
• Responsible for maintaining test environments and running test cycles.
• Support test environments for product deployment and execution.
• Analyze proposed changes of product design to determine impacts on overall system; coordinate recording of modifications for management control.
• Serve as backup for the Systems Operations Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree required.
• 2 years operations and 1 year software configuration management experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.