Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 13 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 14 consecutive years!
The Supervisor is responsible for directing and managing the activities of the adjusters, coordinators, and staff in the workers compensation unit. The Supervisor also works closely with other supervisors in the claims department to design and fulfill the objectives of the department and company.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; College degree preferred.
• 5 to 10 years workers' compensation claim adjusting experience, and 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• State of Hawaii Workers' Compensation adjusting license or general adjusting license preferred.
• Enrollment in or completion of AIC, CPCU, ARM, IIA or other insurance industry courses preferred.
• Valid Hawaii Driver's license and use of own vehicle required.