Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 13 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 14 consecutive years!
The Senior Claims Specialist – Workers Compensation is responsible for reviewing, investigating and processing workers’ compensation claims for appropriate payment under minimal to no supervision. Must be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere. Must possess the ability to effectively handle and investigate complex cases involving compensability, vocational rehabilitation and permanent disability.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree with credits in insurance and/or medical related subjects preferred.
• Experience in handling complex and litigated claims preferred. Compensation will be based upon years of adjusting experience and/or equivalent combination of education and transferable skills.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues (policy forms, coverage, applicable law, etc.) and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver's License and use of own vehicle preferred.
• State of Hawaii general or workers' compensation adjusting license preferred.