Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 14 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 15 consecutive years!
Multi-line casualty adjuster to handle claims from first notice to final disposition. Duties include, but are not limited to, coverage analysis, investigation, litigation management, and negotiation of a variety of claims assigned, including the more complex and severe damage and/or injury cases. Employee is expected to have a thorough knowledge of insurance and claims practices, and independently handle and resolve their assigned inventory as appropriate.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. At least 5 to 7 years as a multi-line Claims Specialist, or equivalent education, experience, and/or training is required.
• College degree with credits in insurance related subjects preferred.
• Continuing education required for individual to remain current on insurance related issues (policy forms, coverages, applicable law, etc.) and other subjects pertaining to job performance.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• State of Hawaii general adjusting license preferred.
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and use of own vehicle required.
• Enrollment or completion of IIA, AIC or other insurance industry courses preferred.