Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 14 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 15 consecutive years!
Provides administrative assistance to adjusters and supervisors in various units within Claims Department. Operational support includes, but is not limited to, First Notice of Loss coverage confirmation and entry, index, pay medical, attorney and other bills, generating supervisory reports, posting income checks, and daily balancing of issued payments and income for multiple systems.
Regularly required to operate a computer, typewriter and calculator. Responds to adjusters’ inquiries and provides training on system procedures when necessary. Also responds to inquiries from agencies and other departments in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Claims industry experience preferred, including strong knowledge of claims processing functions.
• Equivalent education, job-related experience, and training will be considered.
• Strong communication and organizational skills are required.
• Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detailed and systems-oriented and able to identify and resolve problems accurately and efficiently.