Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 14 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 15 consecutive years!
Increases share of business from agency channel through targeted sales activities. Reviews, screens, analyzes, and underwrites all types of personal lines accounts with minimal supervision and within designated authority level. Provides multi-functional underwriting policy servicing and independent decision making. Analyzes complex risks thoroughly and provides suggested outcomes and alternative solutions to write the risk profitably. Effectively communicates with agency partners for acceptance or rejection of risks and requests additional information. Serves as a resource to staff and assists others as needed.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and College degree with credits in insurance related subjects preferred.
• 5 to 10 years personal lines underwriting at the company or agency level to include agency marketing experience is required.
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Hawaii State Property and Casualty Solicitor’s license required.
• Attainment of or working towards the CPCU, CISR, CIC or other professional designation required.
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and use of own vehicle required.