Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 15 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 16 consecutive years!
Analyzes and processes complex or technically difficult auto liability claims. Responsible for investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim; manages claims through well-developed action plans to an appropriate and timely resolution. Duties must be performed under minimal to no supervision. Assists in training employees in unit.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and 5 years auto claims adjusting or equivalent insurance experience required.
• Prior construction or automotive industry experience highly preferred.
• Equivalent education, experience, and training will be considered.
• Continuing education in insurance and job-related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and use of own vehicle preferred.
• State of Hawaii general adjusting license preferred.
• Enrollment or completion of IIA, AIC or other insurance industry courses preferred.