Protecting Hawaii's families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 14 consecutive years. As the state's largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 15 consecutive years!
Reviews, investigates and processes multi-line property and casualty subrogation claims, claims for contribution and deductible recoveries for appropriate collection.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and 3 years Claims Service Representative experience in P&C or Subrogation or equivalent required.
• College degree with credits in insurance related subjects preferred.
• Prior construction or automotive industry experience highly preferred.
• Equivalent education, experience, and training will be considered.
• Continuing education in insurance and job-related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license and use of own vehicle preferred.
• State of Hawaii general adjusting license required or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Enrollment or completion of IIA, AIC or other insurance industry courses preferred.