Protecting Hawaii’s families and businesses since 1939, Island Insurance is the first and only Hawaii-based company to be recognized as one of the Top 50 Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies in the nation by the Ward Group for 15 consecutive years. As the state’s largest locally-owned and managed P&C insurance company, Island Insurance holds financial strength ratings of “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance company financial ratings organizations, and has been recognized as one of Hawaii’s Best Places to Work for 16 consecutive years!
Responsible for timely handling of new business set up, renewal solicitation, loss runs, endorsement processing and other miscellaneous documents/reports for the Large Accounts unit. Efficiently performs the accurate entry of accounts and policies into the Commercial Lines’ Guidewire system. Assists with managing accounts, providing excellent customer service and building and maintaining positive producer relationships.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and Bachelor’s degree with credits in insurance or finance related subjects preferred.
• 1 year commercial lines property and casualty or related experience including commercial lines rating and knowledge of manual rules and coverages required; sales experience preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education, technical and sales background experience will be considered.
• Continuing education in insurance and job related issues and subjects required.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Hawaii Driver’s license required.
• Attainment of or working toward CPCU or other professional designation(s) preferred.