Island Insurance Offers Recovery & Claims Information on Maui & Hawaii Island Fires Aug 9, 2023
Honolulu, August 9, 2023 – As the emergency response to wildfires on Maui and Hawaii Island continues, Island Insurance encourages residents and business owners to heed evacuation orders and other updates from local emergency management officials. Impacted homeowners, renters, and business owners are encouraged to contact their insurance agent or insurance company once safely evacuated.
“Our thoughts are first and foremost with the Maui and Hawaii Island residents and business owners impacted by these devastating wildfires. We are also thankful for our first responders who are bravely putting their lives on the line,” said Beverly Ament, Island Insurance President. “Island Insurance has been there for Hawaii’s families and businesses for over 80 years, and we stand ready to support our customers and the community through this difficult time.”
Island Insurance Customer Claims
Existing Island Insurance customers whose vehicles, homes or businesses were damaged or destroyed are encouraged to contact Island Insurance’s Claims Division as soon as possible. Customers do not need to wait to return home to begin a claim.
• Call Island Insurance’s Claims Division at (808) 564-8222 or toll free at (888) 312-2525. The claims line is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. A call service is in place to answer calls and take messages after hours.
• Log in to your online account and select “File a Claim” on the right side under “My Quick Links” to begin the claims process online.
Tips for Residents
Island Insurance offers the following general tips for impacted residents and business owners:
• Contact your insurance agent or insurance company to start a claim as soon as possible. Insurance company adjusters can walk customers through the claims process.
• Discuss coverage for temporary lodging with your insurance agent and insurance company.
• All residents and business owners can take steps to prepare, including securing copies of important documents, such as insurance policies.